Tuesday, January 3, 2012

nova scotia 2012


The squirrel kitchen has been quiet of late. It's not due to the usual Christmas bloating. I'm actually spending the week in Porters Lake Nova Scotia, which is just outside Halifax (pictured above, this time last year). We only have a few more days here, but I foresee many cooking projects upon my return. If you're wondering where my stomach is at, I'm about halfway through Fuchsia Dunlop's Shark's Fin and Sichuan Pepper: A Sweet-Sour Memoir of Eating in China. Also, I ate a wicked pan-fried haddock with bacon horseradish tartar sauce at Jane's on the Common today, and you'd better believe I'm going to be in the kitchen attempting a recreation before my bags are unpacked. 

I may have also eaten the wings at Your Father's Moustache, but we don't need to talk about it. In fact, we shouldn't.

In any case, hello.. I'm still here! Just away from my kitchen for a few more days. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment