Thursday, February 2, 2012

kalamata olive hummus



Guess what! Tonight I'll have my autofocus 50mm lens. I'm so excited. So ridiculously excited! No more fuzzy photos. I'm bad at focusing. I blame my eyesight... but I could just be a sucky focuser.

I've spent today cleaning up the huuuuuge mess I created in the wee hours of last night, shooting my final project for product photography. Homemade lightbox made of an ikea laundry hamper. For real. Did it work? Yes... pretty well, actually! But I think I'm going to take another pass after I get my new lens.

To keep myself entertained while cleaning up a mess of dried chiles, green cardamom and star anise, I've been watching old episodes of Friends. I just finished the episode where Rachel walks out on Ross because she discovered the pro/con list he made when deciding whether or not to break up with Julie for her. If I had a pro/con list for Adam, which I don't, one con would be that Adam doesn't like olives. In fact he hates them passionately. A pro, however, would be that he humours me and will still eat any food I make that has olives in it. Generally, I don't call on his generosity very often, but once and a while I have to have my olive fix.

Today was one of those days... so hummus happened.

kalamata olive hummus

1 15 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
10 kalamata olives, pitted
1 clove garlic
3 tablespoons olive juice from the container
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon water
juice of half a lemon
1 teaspoon oregano
More olive oil for drizzling

  • Dump everything into the food processor and give it a good whiz. Drizzle with olive oil before serving with pita bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment